I saw a few statistics recently and think that in this current environment wherein politicians make exaggerated statements of the state of the world, they deserve to be noted.
These are from TIME Magazine earlier this year.
The share of the world living in extreme pottery has declined drastically:
- in 1990, 36% of the world lived in extreme poverty
- in 2015, it had fallen to 10%
- in 2030, it is expected to be 6%.
According to Forbes magazine, there are twice as many people in the world who are obese as to those who are undernourished. And now back to TIME magazine reports:
- in 2016 in the US, 40% of adults are obese
- in 2030, is expected to be 50%.
In 2030, 25% of total travel on US roads will be done in self-driving vehicles.
Interesting items to think about.